Wednesday, February 26, 2014

BB Cream Reviews (Drugstore Version)

I have tried 5 different BB cream, some of them worked very well for me while others are a bit disappointing.


 Palmers evenetone(light) ,Garnier miracle skin perfector(light),Revlon photoready(light medium),Maybelline dream Pure(light/medium),Ponds age miracle(light)  -  Swatches Left to right
                                                                  After blending in Sun light
Palmers evenetone(light),Garnier miracle skin perfector(light),Revlon photoready(light /medium), Maybelline dream pure(light/medium), Ponds age miracle(light)  -  Swatches Left to right
                  
                                                                    After blending in artificial light
Palmers evenetone(light) ,Garnier miracle skin perfector(light),Revlon photoready(light /medium), Maybelline dream pure(light/medium), Ponds age miracle(light)  -  Swatches Left to right
              

Palmers BB cream (light).The BB cream itself is not so bad, but the shade rand is terrible. Light is too light while dark is too dark for me.
Garnier Skin Perfector BB cream (light). This BB cream is perfect for dry skin and looks good on my face but light shade is still dark for Caucasian girls.  It is highly fragranced and contain Alcohol as one of the main ingredients which does not impress me.
Revlon Photoready BB cream ( Medium/light): This shade looks Orange on my face. In terms of application and finish it is very similar to Garnier BB cream. But sadly it irritated my eyes.
Maybelline Dream pure 8 in 1 BB cream( Medium/light): This is formulated for oily skin while I have dry skin but still I like it. Available in two shades Light and Medium/Light which are suitable for fair to olive skin tones.I really like this cream, it provide medium coverage with matte finish.
Ponds BB cream (Light): Now it is available in Beige shade. I love its finish and staying power, it gives matte finish similar to Maybelline BB cream.. It also contain some skin beneficial ingredients.

Final Verdict: I must say that In all these BB creams Maybelline Dream pure 8 in 1 is the winner for young girls while Ponds bb cream is winner for those women who are looking anti aging ingredients. Both BB cream provide medium coverage with matte finish. Revlon, Garnier and Palmers are very similar in terms of finish and application. They provide light coverage with dewy finish.



6 comments:

  1. BB creams can be very hit and miss! Sometimes its really hard to find a good shade, especially for those with darker complexions. I'm excited to try out the Maybelline one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Sarah, they are really hit or miss. Just like Revlon one was a big disappointment for me. Finding a right shad is not so easy, also some BB creams come in terrible shade rang.

      Delete
  2. The Maybelline one didn't work for me :( Even after I loved the sample I got, when I purchased the full size it just didn't work. I think maybe because my skin has gone very dry the last few weeks! Would be great for oily girls though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favourite BB cream is the Maybelline one! I wear it pretty much every day! :)

      Delete
    2. Myabelline one is my favourite too :)

      Delete
    3. Oh that's sad it did not work for you Imi, actually it is formulated for oily skin. I used it during summer when my skin was normal to combination.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...