Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Maybelline New york FIT me Shine Free Foundation Stick Natural beige

Price: 15.95$ from Priceline, Chemist Warehouse, Target, Big W and Supermarkets

I have combination skin in summer and its always hard to find foundation which work well on dry patches and oily T-zone.



 
                                             Maybelline Fit me Natural beige 220 swatch
    Swatch after blending

Maybelline Fit me foundation stick comes in sleek black packing with twist function. This foundation stick is handy and ideal for handbag. I have tried shade Natural beige which is perfect for my skin tone, although itlooks lighter in packing. It is fragrance free which makes it suitable for sensitive skin

This foundation has creamy soft texture and glides smoothly on my skin. It is very easily to apply, does not dry quickly and blends easily with out any hassle. As I have used some other foundation stick in past but did not like them much because of their hard  texture but this one is very different in its texture. When I applied this first time, I just rubbed the stick all over my face and ended up applying too much product which looks cakey. Then I realised that I do not need to use too much product, just few swipes are enough then I need to blend it. I must say that applying too much foundation can give you cakey unnatural finish. During trial period, I used fingers and sponge to apply them but found that sponge are more useful for blending. This foundation is non transferable, I have not found it staining my clothes.

This foundation gives flawless skin with matte finish. It does not oxidize and gives me light to medium coverage which is buildable. It covers light acne marks, redness, blue veins and brown spots very well, but if you have very dark marks or spots you will need to cover them with concealer. It also blurs large pores and minimise their appearance. It does not highlight dry patches on my face as I used it over my normal moisturiser. It looks very natural on my skin without giving heavy or cakey skin.  I also find that I do not need to use setting powder over it because it gives almost cream to powder finish, I only use powder on oily T-zone, while other face still looks perfect without any powder.

It has decent staying power and lasts for more than 6 hours on my skin. My T- zone gets a bit oily after 4-5 hours but I reapply it easily on that areas. I also realised that this foundation is great for touch ups as liquid foundation are not so easy to reapply.

This foundation does not contain SPF and it also looks great in photos. During day time when go outside I  apply sun block underneath it for sun protection. I used it regularly for almost 10 day, and have not find any bad reaction, irritated eyes or breakout. I have sensitive skin and its always hard to find suitable product as in the past some product caused me allergic reaction or irritated my eyes but I am satisfy with this foundation. I recommend it for combination, normal and sensitive skin types. I do not recommend it for those who have dry skin, very oily skin  or severe acne. Although this foundation advertised as shine free, but i feel that it is more suitable for normal and combination skin and for those who do not need full coverage foundation. 

My Rating: 4/5

Note: This product was sent for trial by Beauty heaven but It does not affect my opinion. I am loyal to my readers.

4 comments:

  1. I love stick foundations, they are so easy to apply and use. I saw this foundation on sale at chemist warehouse today... so tempting!! ^_^

    LilynotLouise | Beauty and Food

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found that stick foundations are really great for touch ups, I just put this foundation in my bag and reapply it easily whenever I need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These ones are so awesome for contouring :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, You are right, It is great for contouring:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...