Monday, October 20, 2014

thaBalm Voyage palette review

Price: 49.95$ from David Jones

I bought theBalm Voyage palette on boxing day as it was on special and down to 34.50$ from 49.94$. I am using this palette for last few months and really found it a great. 


According to the balm website

" It is a travel-friendly palette that contains 16 jet-setting shadows paired with 3 lip and cheek creams that stow away conveniently in your carry on"









Swatches from left to right A4, B4,C4,D4
A3,B3,C3,D3


A2,B2,C2,D2
A1,B1,C1,D1


Second Officer, First Officer,Captain 

thaBalm Voyage Palette has cute cardboard packing with mirror inside, there are two different flap tops for eye shadows and check creams. The palette is very light weight and can be easily carried in my bag. The eye shadows can be used as wet or dry.  I have not used them with wet brush, as I do not like to use water on my make up products, it is more hygienic to use them with dry brushes. All these swatches are with dry brushes.

The quality of these eye shadows is really very good, they are creamy, silky, highly pigmented, easily applied and blended with very little fall out. They do not smudge or faded after hours. They last for long time even with out using primer. The check colours are also very pigmented and creamy. They last for long time on my checks, but they feel bit dry on my lips,still they last there for hours.

I like this palette, its versatile and you can create different looks with variety of colours. It contains  different kinds of shades like matte, shimmers and metallic.

The only down side of this palette is, its colour selection, I found that the shade selection is more suitable for fair skin beauties as some shades are not wearable for all skin tones. Some colours are very light and looks almost invisible and chalky on my olive skin tone. You can see in swatches that B1,C1,D3,A3 are not flattering for light/medium or dark skin tones.

I highly recommend it for fair skin beauties and for those who are looking for palette with variety of different shades.This palette contain shades which can create nude, classic, glamorous, or natural look.


My Rating:4/5

2 comments:

  1. Great palette I have not tried anything from Balm but I would love to one day ��
    The bottom 3 shades looks nice these r only 3 shades I don't actually have ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its really great Palette and I find that the balm has very good quality products and reasonably priced in Australia.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...