Friday, July 24, 2015

Revlon PhotoReady™ Insta-Fix foundation in Shell*

 Price: 29.95$ from Priceline, Chemist warhouse, Big W Target and Supermarkets





Revlon PhotoReady™ Insta-Fix foundation in Shell

Revlon PhotoReady™ Insta-Fix foundation comes in sleek black packing with twist function. This foundation stick is handy, ideal for handbag and great for touch ups. I have tried shade Shell which was closest  to my skin tone.

This foundation has smooth creamy texture and glides nicely on my skin.  It is not sticky  and  very easily to apply, but not very easy to blend. First I try to blend it with fingers but it does not work than I try sponge which works well. As I have also used Maybelline stick foundation in the past and really like it. Revlon foundation is  different in its texture, It is a bit hard and not so creamy (Cold weather in Canberra makes it harder). I think this product is more suitable to use in spring/summer.  I also realise that few swaps are not enough for my entire face, I need to use a good amount to cover my entire face. It  has strong smell which disappear after application. This foundation is non transferable, I have not found it staining my clothes.

This foundation gives flawless skin with matte finish. It does not oxidize and gives me light to medium coverage . It covers light acne marks, redness, blue veins and brown spots very well. It also blurs large pores,fine lines,and minimise their appearance. The only problem with this foundation is  "It clings into dry patches and  highlights them, even I use it over my normal moisturiser". I find that this foundation works better after using scrub and rich moisturiser on dry areas.  Using a good primer underneath also works well with this product.

Overall It looks  natural on my skin without giving heavy or cakey finish.  I do not need to use setting powder over it because it gives almost cream to powder finish. It has very good staying power and lasts for more than 8 hours on my skin. Even I do not need to reapply it through out the day. I have used it regularly for almost 6 day, and have not find any bad reaction, irritated eyes or breakout. As I have sensitive skin and many products do react with my skin but Revlon foundation works well with my skin type.

For best results, I recommend to  use a good quality primer underneath. Those who have combination skin should use scrub and  rich moisturiser on dry patches before applying this foundation

This product works great for oily, combination, and normal skin types. I do not recommend it for those who have severe acne or have dry skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...