Price:25.95$ from Priceline, Chemist warehouse, supermarkets, big W, Target
Maybelline is one of my favourite brand, I can not resist to buy this beautiful palette when it was on half price at woolies. I pick this for 13$ which is quite reasonable price and it means almost 1$ for each shade. I am using it for few days, here is the swatches and my review.
Swatches from left to right with out primer
- The palette comes in cute light weight pink packing with two sponge applicators. I use my own brush to apply eye shadows.
- Personally, I like the shade selection of this palette, it contains pink, brown, mauve and grey shades. It is suitable for all skin tones but lighter shades do not show very well on dark skin.
- The palette has all shimmery shades, only one shade in top raw (5th from left) looks matte but it has very light shimmers.
- The pigmentation vary from colour to colour, darker shades are more pigmented but you need to work on lighter shades. Also you need to use more quantity for lighter shades but for darker shades, one swipe is enough to show colour.
- The case is same with longevity, darker shades last for 6+ hours but light shades disappear quicker.
- It is not very easy to work with these shadow, for better colour pay off, I need to apply and blend them several time.
- My favourite shades are on bottom row, all of them are pigmented, only the last one is glittery. While in the top row shade No 1,3,5 are chalky and least pigmented, it is hard to work with them.
- For better colour pay off I highly recommend using primer underneath.
- This palette is Made in USA. It is easily available and often goes on sale at supermarkets and pharmacies.
- The palette has few similarities with UD naked 3, and some shades are quite similar. But I do not think that it is justify to compare it with 83$ palette.
- This palette is great for those who want an affordable shimmer eyeshadow palette with pink and brown tones.
- The palette is not for those who want matte shades and more interested in lighter colour eyeshawdos.
Overall, I like Maybelline Blushed Nude Eyeshadow palette, the formula is good (not very good) while shade selection and pigmentation is better than some other drugstore palettes in Australia. Do not worry about hefty price tag, you can get it easily on discounted price.