The news of a new baby arriving soon presents excitement and happiness. Whether you are a first time mom or have had kids before, the feeling is always the same. Planning a baby shower should therefore be perfect.
Here are some baby shower ideas that will certainly help you.
Whether you decide to go for traditional theme or modern one, it should be unique. For a baby boy most of the time the theme color is blue while for girls it’s pink. But there are way much more themes to choose from such as jungle theme, animal theme, musical theme or even a nautical theme.
If you are not sure of the baby’s gender, go for a neutral theme like a vintage or black and white theme. It may sound boring but it’s very sophisticated.
If you are planning for a friend, find out what the mom to be doesn’t like to eat and don’t include any food that will upset her. The last thing you do not want is the main guest of the party getting sick during the event.
Remember that the cake should be the center of the shower. Make sure the decoration is as amazing as the taste of the cake.
Here are two easy to make recipes that could help you and save up some of your time.
1. Cheese ball
Softened cream cheese, mayonnaise, parmesan cheese, chopped green onions, garlic powder, almonds, worcestershire sauce, and cheddar cheese.
- Mix mayonnaise and cream cheese, stir until smooth.
- Add Parmesan and cheddar cheese, green, onion, garlic powder and worcestershire sauce into the mixture and stir.
- Chop almonds and place into a plastic wrap. Roll the cheese mixture into balls.
- Roll cheese balls in almonds then wrap with plastic wrap.
- Place into refrigerator for few minutes then unwrap and serve.
2. Banana bread
Ripe bananas, milk, plain yogurt, vanilla cream, all-purpose flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, cinnamon, butter.
- Mash bananas and add in milk, yogurt and vanilla extract. Stir until smooth.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a separate bowl.
- Cut the butter into very tiny pieces and add into the flour mixture.
- Add the banana mixture into the new flour mixture and mix well to make dough.
- Preheat oven.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and place the scones.
- Bake until firm and brown on the edges.
- Let it cool then serve.
There’s no limitation to what you can give someone as a gift but you should try to be creative. You can buy things like, on-the go changing mat, multi-portion freezer tray, self-heating travel bottle or stroller storage. Giving the gift of newborn photography props is also a fantastic ideas, they will be used on the newborn to forever capture special and wonderful life events with great photos. They are available in many online stores and can even have them custom made. Gift must all be about the baby.